8 Ways to Become a Clearer Channel
I have compiled a list of 8 tools that have helped me become more intuitive. With continued practice and dedication, I believe anyone can become a clearer channel. This aids our own intuition and helps us to receive guidance in our daily lives.
- Drink plenty of fresh water. We need to drink at least 50% of our body weight in ounces. A person who weighs #160 needs 80 ounces of water a day. A person weighing #120 needs 60 ounces. Water is a conductor for spirit and our bodies are made up of mostly water anyway, so it makes sense. Other benefits of drinking enough water are, better digestion, weight loss and clearer skin.
- Use vitamin supplements. Most of our available food is processed, lacking in nutrients. A person would have to eat a lot of food in order to get the nutrients the body needs every day. Some vitamins contain sugar though. I recommend finding one that doesn’t. Part of the reason we overeat is because our bodies are craving nutrition.
- Be in nature. Studies have shown that people who go for nature walks have overall lower stress levels than people who don’t. Be in nature as often as possible. Daily walks are ideal. Quality is more important than quantity. Just a 10 minute walk can rejuvenate our mind/body/spirit. I do some of my best problem-solving on the nature trail. It’s a great place to practice mindfulness and it can be a form of meditation.
- Forgive and let go. I bundled these 2 together because one should come after the other. It’s not always easy forgiving other people. But doing it benefits both parties. It’s like taking off a backpack full of rocks. A lot of times, however, the one we need to forgive is our self. To let go, it helps to close your eyes and feel the emotion or situation thoroughly. Then decide you can let it go. Take a deep breath and let it all go on the exhale. This should be repeated once in a while because there are a lot of layers to our feelings and emotions. Each time we’re letting go of a deeper layer. Whenever I’m feeling overwhelmed, road rage or depression, I know it’s time to forgive and let go. It helps to remember that other people are dealing with things we have no idea of. They are usually doing the best they can. A great book for letting go is The Sedona Method by Hale Dwoskin. I’ve provided a link to my Books and Media section and it can be found at your local library. Books and Media
- De-clutter your house, garage and car. This is a proven method for improving your well being. It helps clear your mind. We accumulate a lot of stuff we don’t need. A rule of thumb is that if you haven’t used the item in the past year, get rid of it. If this is too hard, use 2 years. This unneeded stuff weighs us down and clogs up our system. By getting rid of excess stuff, we can even lose a little weight. Try it.
- Meditation. Find a meditation that works for you. There are many different types. My favorites are walking meditations and CD’s. I’ve discussed walking meditations in #3. CD’s for meditation are extremely helpful. Some will walk you through an exercise (guided meditation). I recommend one named Holosync. I’ve used it on a daily basis since 2007. The Holosync system can be found at http://www.centerpointe.com. If you feel like you need more instruction on meditation, find a group in your area.
- Care for your body. Eat less meat and more fresh or organic food. Avoid excessive sugar, caffeine, alcohol, and dairy products. Make sure your digestive system is working on a daily basis. It helps to unclog your body by using herbs.
- Lastly, believe in synchronicity. Look for signs. Nature is sending us signals to relax more. Animals are here on earth to help and guide us; not only our own pets but the wild ones too. Each animal has a message to share. When we’re open to recognizing signs, omens and synchronicities, the more they show up to help us. And remember, you are never really alone.
This is not an all-inclusive list. There are other ways to develop our selves to enable a better connection with deceased loved ones, ancestors, and our spirit guides. Some people are born with this gift (called clairaudience). I am interested to know what has helped you?
Home About Freedom in Forgiveness Ancestors in my Bathroom